Saturday, July 01, 2017

Skogsøy 01 July 2017 - Elementary camera mistake.....

With a NW breeze blowing I squeezed in a cheeky couple of hours of early morning seawatching.

The results were pretty good and most stuff passed very close. The battery on my camera was dead, at first I wasn't that concerned and happily pulled out the spare I always have with me but it was also dead. Although this gave me one less thing to think about it would have been very nice to document today's skuas - two of the three Great Skuas storjo, a Pomarine Skua polarjo and a dark phase Arctic Skua tyvjo all came past close in.

Other stuff included a few each of Puffin lunde, Guillemot lomvi and Razorbill alke - all heading north, a single Red-throated Diver smålom. The mainstay of the action were 86 Gannets havsule.

A few southbound Whimbrel småspove passed, a White-tailed Eagle havørn put in an appearance and a family of newly fledged Raven ravn were both entertaining and noisy.

The newly cut fields at Breivik held a flock of 10 Lapwing vipe among other things.

No comments: