Friday, December 23, 2016

Tjeldstsø 21 December 2016 - Much better than expected

The weather forecast predicted a storm but I got lucky with the timing of today's trip out - the wind dropped and the sun came out for the duration of my walk with the dog. I took things easy and just did a short walk through the reserve.

First year male Scaup bergand

Two of the Whoopers sangsvane present on Rotevatnet

Obligatory White-tailed Eagle havørn shot before it got too close to fit in the frame

Highlight was a first year male Scaup bergand. Singles of Redwing rødvingetrost and Fieldfare gråtrost were present and I saw the first flock of Chaffinches bokfink I've seen for a while. Other stuff included 11 adult Whoopers sangsvane, a few White-tailed Eagle havørn and the usual Crested Tits toppmeis.

Three more White-tailed Eagle havørn patrolled in front of the house at Nautnes.

No comments: