Saturday, October 08, 2016

Nautnes 08 October - It's official, I've given up

Light SE and sunny. Again!





Short-eared Owl jordugle at Nautnes
One of my ancient beat up DSLRs has come out of retirement.....


And today I didn't even try to get out. Life is really, really getting in the way of birding. I took a very short walk close to my house at Nautnes. Highlight was a Short-eared Owl jordugle seen at some distance from the house (new species for the house list) but came right overhead later on.

Other stuff included a couple of Grey Wagtail vinterle, a Grey-headed Woodpecker gråspett, Twite bergirisk and the now usual Common Crossbill grankorsnebb, Brambling bjørkefink and so on.

Gadwall snadderand at Tjeldstø


A trip to the shops later in the afternoon produced a nice Gadwall snadderand on Husvatnet at Tjeldstø.

Today I used my chainsaw at lot more than my binoculars or camera. Hopefully the improved view will give some payback in more birds seen from the house.....

No comments: